Become a Forensic Accountant
We are offering the opportunity for an Accountant to come on-board and provide quality forensic reports for service to the Crown Court or to be used in dispute resolution or mediation.
Our place in the market
For over 25 years, Bartfields Forensic Accountants have specialised in crime and proceeds of crime, including restraint, confiscation and civil recovery proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and earlier legislation.
Today, we work across the UK closely alongside solicitors, counsel, claimants, defendants and clients as expert witnesses and advisers in relation to legal proceedings concerning crime and proceeds of crime.
Assist the Forensic team to provide quality forensic reports for service to the Crown Court or to be used in dispute resolution or mediation.
- Develop a strategy to determine the scope of cases
- Review, analyse and verify confidential and sensitive evidence for use in Court proceedings, mediation and disputes
- Interpret mass volumes of complex data and reconciliation of accounts, including reconstruction of accounts from source documents
- Advise solicitors, Defendants, Clients and Counsel on technical accounting issues and relevant case law
- Prepare reports for court purposes
- Express an Expert opinion and put forward an opposing argument
Sedulo currently has three offices and is looking to continue to expand. Limited travel to other sites will be expected in order to deliver a “world class” service to our Team Members.
What are we looking for?
Whilst you’re going to love the development and options this role offers, we are going to love that you…
- Have a professional accountancy qualification AAT, ACCA or ACA
- Have a good understanding of statutory accounts and incomplete records
- Are analytically minded, confident in your own abilities and not afraid to challenge
- Are flexible and have the ability to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines
- Show a willingness to learn and continually develop yourself professionally
- Own your own work and have an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Can be flexible- the nature of our work can mean additional or irregular hours from time to time.
Desirably you will have previous forensics or report writing experience albeit not essential- we’re willing to teach you the Bartfields way!