Become a Forensic Accountant
Our place in the market
For over 25 years, Bartfields Forensic Accountants have specialised in crime and proceeds of crime, including restraint, confiscation and civil recovery proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and earlier legislation.
Today, we work across the UK closely alongside solicitors, counsel, claimants, defendants and clients as expert witnesses and advisers in relation to legal proceedings concerning crime and proceeds of crime.
You will act as a Forensic Accountant/Expert Witness and case manager on a full range of cases, whilst contributing to winning new work by proactively seeking opportunities for new business and providing world-class service.
This role can be based from any of our 4 offices (Leeds, Manchester, London or Liverpool). If based outside of Leeds some travel will be required to our Leeds office.
The includes but is not limited to…
- Develop own network and build relationships with existing and new clients
- Prepare fee quotes from information provided by Solicitors, Counsels, Claimants, Defendants and Clients
- Develop a strategy to determine the scope of the case and the work required
- Review, analyse and verify confidential and sensitive evidence for use in Court proceedings and potential litigation
- Critically review the work of the opposing party.
- Interpret mass volumes of complex data and reconciliation of accounts, including reconstruction of accounts from source documents
- Develop fact-finding questions for further areas of investigation and request additional documentary evidence for consideration
- Preparation of expert report supported by financial information and analysis for both litigation and investigations
- Attend conferences with Solicitors, Counsel, Claimants, Defendants, Clients, Law Enforcement Agencies, Government bodies
- Prepare other written advice/opinions/valuations, letter reports, etc for consideration by Clients, solicitors and Counsel where appropriate
- Attendance at joint meetings and preparation of Joint Statements
- Attendance at court as an Expert witness if requested
- Support the development of the Forensic Team, identifying training needs and working with the People and Culture team to implement value add training
What are we looking for?
Whilst you’re going to love the development and options this role offers, we are going to love that you…
- Minimum of three years working in a Forensic capacity
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified or part qualified with relevant on-the-job experience and working towards qualification.
- Strong networking skills with a track record of building contacts and clients.
- The ability to establish relationships with clients and colleagues to deliver a World-Class service
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to proactively manage own workload in order to meet deadlines
- Strong team ethos
- Technically strong with a passion for remaining up to date with the latest industry research